Thursday, October 30, 2008

An Wicked event

Last week I attended a fantastic event at my favorite place... (B&N). LIVE AT LINCOLN: Gregory Maguire (A Lion Among Men: Volume Three in the Wicked Years) in conversation with BILL GOLDSTEIN (WNBC-TV/Today in New York) featuring musical performances by "Glinda" and "Elphaba" of Broadway's WICKED.

It was awesome. I've never really gotten into the whole "Land of Oz" world nor the "Wicked Years" and as such, I didn't really have high expectations. I mean I've stumbled across some of the songs online, and liked them a lot... (got a little "addicted" to Defying Gravity for a while) but other than that, it wasn't enough to get my attention. Until now....

Bill Goldstein asked great questions, Gregory Maguire gave a fantastic background story to the books, musical and built a believable world. Kerry Ellis is a FABULOUS singer and made a fantastic Elphaba. It was a great evening. And I am counting my blessings, the fact that I am able to live in a city that gives me such oportunities, to stretch my mind and explore new things, I thank my lucky STARS.

And, in honor of the five-year anniversary of Wicked composer and lyricist Stephen Schwartz and current Elphaba, Kerry Ellis, flipped the switch to turn the iconic building green on Monday (October 27).

No comments: