Thursday, October 23, 2008

Just thought I'd post the pictures from the event I mentioned in my last post.... my meeting with Detective John Munch aka. Richard Belzer.

It was a fantastic event, I am quickly becoming a die-hard fan of Barnes and Nobles' Events. Why? Well let me just tell you... in a city where even looking around (almost) cost you half of your future children's futures, this is FREE!!!!! And there are great authors, performers etc. that participate. It is a most agreeable way to spend ones' evenings, and I feel so cultured and learned afterwards!

So on this cold tuesday night I ventured down to my favorite store. In great anticipation for a fun evening. In the add from B&N it says: "Welcome to a Discussion/Signing with Richard Belzer: I am Not a Cop! In his captivating, often humorous debut mystery, one of the great comedic talents blends fact with fiction to solve the mysterious disappearance of a close friend.

And that is exactly what we got. Mr. Belzer/Det. Munch read from his new book and took questions from the audience.

I must say, despite some colourful language, it was VERY enjoyable. Richard Belzer is very funny. He has a great sense of humor and is very much in touch with what is going on in the world, and his own role in it. He brought his wife and two kiddies with tails. He is very passionate about rescuing animals and treating them well. And I must say the dogs were very well behaved. Having his family there made it an event that felt very intimate despite being somewhat crowded. The tone was light, warm and open.

It was a very pleasurable way to spend an evening!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

You have quite the life! Sounds like a blast a minute! At least the rest of us have your blog!

Linemoren said...

Lol... thanks Jaime... I am happy you appreciate it.. :)
I missed out on Whoppi Goldberg yesterday, because I had another event across town... yeah, it's fun!