Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Craft-a-licious pt. 2


I am sooooo excited, I just found a new craft... it's called "free form" knitting and crocheting. Free form has been around since the "hippie days" and is now experiencing a comeback. It is a mish-mash of random stitches, colours, shapes and patterns, and it forms a delightful mix of textures. AND you can make whatever you want with it.... purses, ponchos, shawls, hats, sweaters... you name it! Use any kinds of yarn, ribbons, fabric strips.... and knit or sew or crochet away... it looks a little scary at first, but I have found it's amazing when it comes together in the end. Creatively it is satisfying. Scary, but awesome!!!

The picture is not mine, and the project isn't either, but when mine is finished, or at least a little bit farther along, I will "show and tell"! :)

1 comment:

LeaAnne said...

I can't wait to see what you have come up with!
BTW.. I tagged you..BUT you don't have to do it and ..lol you can change the questions if you want..lol
(I often do)