Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ex Libris

Of late this has become my favorite hang-out place... And I am not afraid to confess to the world, I am a proud bookworm through and through. There is a Barnes & Noble store 3-4 blocks from the twins' school, and I go here often to hang out before I have to pick them up.

I bring my knitting, find a book, more often than not I end up in a windowsill or a quiet corner behind a large pile of books, and then, as if by magic, the world disappears.
I am engulfed in the world of Jane Austen and the Brontës'
Mr. Darcy, Captain Wentworth and Mr. Rochester are my dreamy heroes.
Lizzie, Jane Eyre, and Molly Gibson are my admirable companions.
To my great delight, D also loves books, and so after we drop his sister off at her swim practice, we go hang out here too... D hangs out in the fabulous kids' section. And I... well... lately the History and Arts department has called out to me.
Add to the greatness of books, restrooms, a cafe and a cozy atmosphere. Speakers, Authors, Special Readings and Storytime for the younger crowd.... It's heaven on earth, and thank heavens I have found a companion bookworm in D.
I foresee a fall and winter spent in warm coziness. The smell of books, paper in the air.
Children giggling, people talking in hushed tones.
Tummy filled with hot chocolate....
AND to top it off, they serve cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory...
As if all this isn't enough.... they have wireless!!!
I might not come back up until spring... dusty to be sure, but happy and well read.
Signing off, to go plan a list of books to read... (feel free to give your inputs!)
Happiness is ... Barnes & Noble....

1 comment:

Shera said...

Hi Line,

I googled myself today and found a link to my family blog on yours. :-) It's good to see you're doing well. I can still remember trying to give you a Book of Mormon in Kristiansand while we were playing basketball (and you didn't want it--haha!) Ha det bra!

(Elder) Clint Payne