Sunday, June 19, 2011

To GEEK or NOT to GEEK... that is the question.....

When I first came back to UT. abt. a year and a half ago, I was in Twilight Mode with a bit of Regency Era thrown in, I am not ashamed to admit I was (and still in some was am) all about Edward and the immortal.... The kids here made fun, baited me and in general tried to harass it out of me, but unbeknownst to me the geek was deeply rooted and being as stubborn as I am they made no headway..... Then, in a sheer moment of brilliancy, (on their part) they introduced me to the Doctor.... Who might you ask.... (as well you should....) My first episode was "Blink" and boy was it it a whooper...

To make a long story short I was continually reluctant for about a couple of months and my attraction was at first to the Brilliant LOVELY "tall, lanky lad" from Scotland; Mr. David Tennant. I had watched him before and had sort of a "super-like"'ish crush on him, but after I'd watched a few episodes of Series 4 my fan-girl'dom (for the Doctor) was solid and irrevocable.... Since then the "damage" went from bad to worse, and the geek in me came waaaay out of the (Geek) Closet!!!! At that point we had caught up to the last season/series of Davids' and I was at my first regeneration.... (that's how the doctor changes and the actor can move on... I'll get back to the technical stuff later...) The new guy was an rather unknown actor named Matt Smith and I was scared an skeptical yet hopeful at the same time..... Well, as hard and emotional (YES, I cried!!!! Bawled like a baby!!!!! Complete mess and lost it at the end.....) as that experience was, the next year brought a new Doctor, a new companion (those who travel with the doctor) and new adventures, I grew in fondness and love for the 11th Doctor and the actor who portrayed him. It's now the middle of the second season for Doc. 11 and his comps, and I'm still going strong.... So why this long chronicle about my history with Doctor Who????


Because that is what started the whole madness of letting out the Geek inside me... it had been hidden and oppressed for so very many years, but after the Doctor came into my life, it was able to fight it's way out and proclaim itself... Am I still a fan of Twilight? YES!
Am I still a fan of Jane Austen et all?? HECK YEAH!!!!
But I am definitely also a GEEK!!!!!


My FANDOM index:
  • Doctor Who
  • Torchwood/Sarah Jane Chronicles
  • Superman/Smallville
  • Star WARS (NOT trek!!!!!!)
  • Lord of the Rings/Tolkien
  • Chronicles of Narnia
  • Iron Man
  • Other Comics (include Elf Quest, Astrix, the Phantom, SilverArrow, etc.)
  • Firefly/Serenity
  • Charmed
  • Jane Austen/Brontes/et all

The list is longer and more plentiful, and I'm sure I will continue to add to the catalog the rest of my life... but hey, this gives me more to blog about as well so it's all good... lol.


Granted, it depends largely on my surroundings and environment, and I'm sure the intensity for some things will come and go (as with everything in our lives) but the Doctor has forever a place in my heart, and so (though I won't admit it to them) do these kids for doing this to me! ;p


However, I have to affirm, Mr. Darcy is still number one for me!!!!



Look for yours truly in this:

No comments: