Saturday, July 7, 2012

Thoughts on toes and things

 Living in New York, a nail salon is on just about every corner on every other street... it's kinda a little ridiculous at times... however what's more ridiculous is to see all the little kids lining up inside them waiting to get their toes done... In fact there are even some of the places that offer parties for parents/kids... so for a mid-summer birthday party a girl and a couple close friends can have their party at the nail salon...

And while I'm sure it's nice for the busy metropolitan mom, I have a few reservations... admittedly I'm also a bit biased as I grew up in a different "world".

My cousins and I would jump the little rocks and crevices along the coastline in Southern Norway, my dad and uncle diving, my aunt keeping a watching eye on us. We would run barefoot all over... in the woods.. in the streets, bury our feet in the sans and grovel on the beaches or sides of the lakes... I'm sure the salt water of the ocean and the minerals in the lakes also had health benefits :)

So, my tip for the day, go take a walk in the sand! It's a natural exfoliative and it's good for the feet and toes to get some "stretchersize"!!! *giggle*

No comments: