Saturday, July 7, 2012

beach thoughts

I went to the beach the other day, waaaaay the heck out in Far Rockaway (1hr 20min on the subway), and it was veeeeery nice!!! The weather has been very hot and miserably humid here this past week, and this Norskie gets quite Trollish as she is not cut out for the high humidity!!! 


It is nothing like living in Norway, I don't remember it ever being this miserable...


There are beaches closer, to my house than the one in Far Rockaway, but they are dirty, filled with garbage, and the water is oily and murky. AND it smells :S NOT good!!!!! Tip for anyone visiting NYC in the summer; STAY AWAY from the beach at Cony Island and Brighton Beach!!!!!!

And for me, I'll just keep sweating it out here, literally (I should loose a few pounds from all this sweating I'm sure!)... This heatwave can't last forever! Thank goodness there is a library in walking distance from my house!!! (They have AC)



2 comments:

kimi + joe said...

Do what you have to do to stay cool! I'm with ya, melting away....

Linemoren said...

Thanks, yeah it's not so much the heat as the humidity!!! It's a killer.. and as I said... I get quite trollish! ;p lol