Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Look at the Sherlock Series 2 New York Event

proof that I was there! :D
This week I was very EXTREMELY fortunate to again, meet and talk to Steven Moffat who was in town to promote the next season of Sherlock. Along with his wife and co-producer Sue Vertue, and the man himself Benedict Cumberbatch, in co-operation with PBS, they presented the new Season that starts on Sunday.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAFE3-uIaxE&feature=related 


So wednesday morning I met up with one of the girls whom I had met at a Doctor Who fan group meeting last month, Areun (she's from Korea), and while waiting in line we met some other lovely girls. We united in our fandom of all things Steven Moffat/Benedict Cumberbatch, and had a great time waiting in line for almost 6 hours to get in  to the Preview and Q&A.


Us six girls, total strangers the day before...
now: bonds that ties us forever.
Through a very loooong and complicated process which I will not go into, (it involves poor management of the whole event and will just get me angry again.. *sigh*) we became a very tight nit group know as "the original six" :)


For another clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Wq6gZtgeo


Who's excited??? MEEEEEE that's who!!! (pun definitely intended!!)


It was a great experience through and through, even though it became another late night for me. I'd definitely do it again. I met new friends, got to meet one of my favorite writers and had a lot of fun. Thanks to my fellow "original six" girls: Julie, Kathryn, Aerun, Catherine and Rebecca. Next month, let's make a group trip to Brooklyn, to the bar with the Tardis toilette!! 

2 comments:

Diana Oaks said...

Your intense enthusiasm makes me smile. I'm glad you're having such a wonderful time.

Linemoren said...

Thanks Diana!! :D I must admit I have been really really fortunate, and I do get a bit excited... lol....