Friday, September 14, 2012

Lobster Sunburn


I got the chance to go to a beach out on Long Island with two friends the Saturday before Labor Day.... I prepared for this by slathering myself with Waterproof HIGH SUNBLOCK Lotion, and made sure I brought it with me and applied throughout the day, but I still got really fried... Like a lobster... so from here on out... I'm going with full body bathing suits.... Three weeks later, I'm still itching, peeling and have skin that is more like leather than anything else...   :(

In these pictures you can see some white "stuff" on me, that is just cream my kind friend put on me to soothe the skin... In addition to the face, back and my chest area, the back of my legs also got burned as well as part of the bottom "cheeks"... I couldn't even sit!!! It was soooo painful!

I will say this though, being able to frolic in the ocean again almost made it worth it... I really do believe I am part mermaid, because once I got in the water, it felt like I was "whole" again...

3 comments:

kimi + joe said...

Oh Line, you have my sympathies!! Your fair skin and mine don't stand a chance in the sun. Glad at least you felt like a mermaid :)

Ann said...

Ach du liebe LOBSTER LINE!!! Vergiss nicht... while blondes may have "more fun" as the saying goes, they also burn more easily!!!

Hope your job hunting goes well...know the family whose children are in your care will be most fortunate indeed!

PASS AUF on the caffeine....such large quantities can wreak havoc on the kidneys! Yes I know I sound like your Mummsie!

Linemoren said...

Liebche Ann, du kannst mein mummsie be anytime!! lol!!!
Thanks for your well wishes, I feel the need for them especially at the moment! (had some interviews but none that came to anything further unfortunately)
And you're right... the Caffeine is something I DO need to watch out for!! So thanks for the reminder! Love you and miss you all!!!