Monday, April 7, 2008

Week of firsts

So I had a few "firsts" this last week....

It started out as a bad week.... you see, I thought I'd be smart and eat the leftovers from easter... turned out I gave myself food poisoning and was miserable all week. Nausia, throwing up, heart-burn and awful pain in my esophagus... needless to say, I was miserable! And if I don't ever see another Saltine cracker it won't be too soon!

Allthough, I have a new theory on why the US has the most number of obese people in the world. Because, as I was miserable, the only thing I could really do was to sit/lie still and watch the telly, and it struck me how many adds/commercials are about food and/or restaurants.... We are being BOMBARDED from every angle and that is my theory for why we have so many people with weight issues..... we actually create food addicts!!!

But I degress, this post was supposed to be about my firsts.... so after my rotten week, Laura treated me to a fabulous full spa-treatment pedicure. It was my first time EVER, and I LOVED it. I am totally hooked, it was faulous, and my toes have never looked this fashionable. The toenails are now chocolatey brown with pink polkadots! I love just looking at them and wiggling them..... he he he

Another first was the pleasure of watching conference on my very own computer... yay, and a MILLION THANKS to Lauras' brother Adrian, who gave me the computer!!! Also, my very first one.

And then, the biggest FIRST of all...... a childhood dream come true, an event 30 years in the making..... the first trip to D I S N E Y L A N D.....
Pictures and stories to follow in the next little while, and in the meantime, I am going to revel in my firsts and the pure joy of "the happiest place on earth"

No comments: