Sunday, April 20, 2008

The wanderer

So I am back in Salt Lake City. Southern California job didn't work out. Sad, but true. So I am once again starting over... job search, housing search, etc.

Fortunately I am blessed and the Lord is watching over me. I am greatful for so many things in my life, and though I feel like the rug has been pulled out from under me, I am looking forward to new beginnings and new adventures.

Sometimes the road takes us places and we think we know exactly where it's taking us... then there is a bend in the road, a turn, maybe crossing some paths that look familiar or even rivers and streams... and then you end up nowhere near what you thought or imagined... this is what LIFE is.... as Robert Frost said so poignantly...

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Welcome back! I hope you get settled into something great soon!

LeaAnne said...

I am sorry it did not work out..:( I know there will be blessings soon! We love you! (I love Utah this time of year !)

The Only Rune You Know said...

Maybe you went to far south. Maybe Cal was not the right place. Maybe you should try Oregon. I can highly recommend it. I've been here 8 years now.
I hope you find the right place for you sooner then later. I know how hard it can be when you don't feel you are at the right place.

Kris said...

I'm sorry to hear that Line. I'm sure everything will fall into place. Good luck!