Tuesday, August 28, 2012

splendid... simply splendid...

Every now and again comes a movie that moves, thrills, and just generally makes one happy... this week I caught up with two such great and wonderful movies... The Oscar's had it right, The Artist and My Week with Marilyn are two movies that are just... well... splendid...

I saw Marilyn first, and just felt the joy of an era gone by as well as a little sadness of what could have been a spectacular life, but within the bittersweet is a gem.. a sparkling little diamond. The actors all perform within an inch of perfection... and I have to say Michelle Williams is so smashing as Marilyn, you'd think they were clones!! Eddie Redmayne, "new", so to speak to the world, but not to me (I know him from British TV series Tess D'Urberville and Elizabeth I). FANTASTIC!!! No matter what, this is a movie worth seeing!

The Second, The Artist, is just an homage to the old era of the silent films.. When movies were Pictures... and everything was Romantic. This story is not told through the dialogue, it's told through gestures, facial expressions and body language. and it is marvelous!!! I mean, really, truly marvelous. It's a movie within a movie, within a lost art form.... and I LOVED it!!!!

No comments: