Saturday, May 28, 2011

Digital Pack-Rat?

A few years ago, when I had a job and money to spend, I bought many Real Simple Magazines. It is a magazine that had everything I liked, good advice on just about everything, Literature, where to find super deals, decorating tips, recipes, etc. 

But now as I go through the contents of my storage unit, I've had a hard time letting go of them... However three boxes of magazines are not only heavy but cumbersome to pack as well.. 

So, the solution, Digital Copies. :D

I am scanning the articles I want to keep, so I have them digitally and it's also great because storage is virtually limitless. It's a win win!! :) So as the scanner next to me gently hums and whirs, the pile of paper on my other side grows larger, and I sigh with happiness..... Computers/Internet/Virtual Storage is AWESOME!!! I also have some O magazines and Everyday with Rachael Ray, that I will go through the same way. I've spent the money so I figure I get to keep the articles I like! 

I only wish I would have thought of this many years ago...

The biggest problem for me is keeping track of what I'm doing. As always I try to multi task, and sometimes (like just now) I will scan the same page twice and/or forget to scan one page....... but I mostly have it down to a system so it's not too awful..

By the end of this I'm sure I'll be a big know it all, so be aware lest I spew forth unsolicited advice!! (wink wink, I'm kidding) However I WILL know where to go to find answers to almost anything!! :) 


 

1 comment:

Anette said...

Smarting!!! Tar jo litt tid å scanne alt, men så har du det! Jeg river ut av blader, legger fra meg, roter bort og så går det i bosset.. Hakkje scanner, ser du... ;oP