Saturday, July 17, 2010

Anne'ish musings...

"Isn't a road an interesting thing?" said Anne dreamily. "Not a straight road, but one with ends and kinks around which anything of beauty and surprise may be lurking. I've always loved bends in roads."


Normally I do too, except when I am too afraid to take charge and choose a path. Waiting around for someone who knows better, is stronger, not afraid to take chances, someone maybe a little daring.... 


Then I get fed up with myself and think, girl, - take charge and just GO!!! Sometimes those roads end up fantastically exciting.. but most times, I chicken out and go back, only to find the paths have now changed and I am back where I started, with nothing to show for anything.... 


So here's to gathering courage to take the right steps, and picking a road! Maybe even the one "less traveled by" !!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Anne has some of the best quotables. I re-read the series last summer. I have always wanted to visit P.E.I too! Here's to someday and taking chances;)
(I also LOVE Robert Frost, great post!)