Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election 2008

Wow... what a race, what a long process, and yet it seems like just last month we were looking towards the Primaries... And now it is over... for a little while anyway.
Congratulations to the United States of America.
Change has come to you. In record numbers and with an unprecedented result.

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."

I am happy for the outcome, had I been able to vote I would have voted for Barack Obama. (Originally I was hoping for Hilary Clinton, but she didn't make it through the Primaries.) And I thought the speach he gave last night was AMAZING. To those of my friends who have a difference, I offer my empathy, and rejoice in the fact that we are able to live in a place where we are allowed to disagree!

"There is not a liberal America and a conservative America - there is the United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America and latino America and asian America - there's the United States of America."

This has been an important election for many reasons. And I believe the people have spoken. It makes me proud to be a human being. From my standpoint of someone who is not eligible to have my voice heard, I truly appreciate what being able to vote means. So use it if you can, VOTE!!!

"This is the moment when we must come together to save this planet.
Let us resolve that we will not leave our children a world where the oceans rise and famine spreads and terrible storms devastate our lands."
So, again, to my friends, my fellow residents of this amazing country, CONGRATULATIONS, may the future bring hope and this country a place where people again will seek "the [American] DREAM".
"The fact that my 15 minutes of fame has extended a little longer than 15 minutes is somewhat surprising to me and completely baffling to my wife."
PS! All quotes are by Barack Obama

No comments: