Sunday, March 4, 2012

List journal blogging.

Last week I discovered a book that has sent the thoughtful and creative juices flowing for me... it was a journal type book that made one make lists of everything under the sun, and as I have gone back and looked at it a few times, it's grown on me...

So, I decided I'd make my own lists, that will help me in my journal-blogging as well.. and I'm starting off with a random list...

List of American Idol contestants that didn't finish first, but I think should have! :) (told you it was random!)
  • Carly Smithson (season 7) why? Because she gave one of the most heart wrenching versions of Beatles' "Blackbird"! Seriously!!! Youtube it!!!!!
  • Michael Johns (s 7), why? He's not only handsome and has an awesome accent (he's Aussie), the man can sing so my soul gets chills! Check out his version of Aerosmiths' "Dream on"!!! Amazing! (actually any of his Idol songs are worth a listen! Not to mention his whole album "Hold Back my Heart".)
  • Blake Lewis (s 6) Reason: he rocked Bon Jovi's "You give love a bad name" and made both John and me a fan! Honestly, kid has talent and I'd love to hear more of him "meshing" beat-boxing and pop/rock songs. For a surprise, see if you can find his version of "Mack the knife".
  • Melinda Doolittle (s 6) because: her soul reaches out through her voice and touches yours... if you don't believe me look up her rendition of "How can you mend a broken heart". To be blown away check out her singing "Have a nice Day" by Bon Jovi on Ai!!! or her "Since you've been gone"...
  • Michael Lynche (s 9) why? His voice makes me melt into a big wet puddle of goo.. I don't think I could ever be bored of his singing.. don't believe me? Youtube his... wait... just youtube him... any of his songs will do!!! 
  • Crystal Bowersox (s 9) because of her "Me and Bobby McGee" simple as that... and last but not least:
  • Chris Medina (s 10)reason: he's got the voice and the talent.. and when he left it was probably the most outrageous elimination in AI history, but then he went on to have a HUGE single in Europe, and will probably go farther and be remembered more than anyone else from his season (besides the winner). Check out his take on "Fix you" (by Coldplay).

No comments: